In this war, the brilliant talent of the Rumyantsev commander was most fully manifested. Under his command, a battle over the significantly superior enemy forces was won in the battle on the Cahul River. In a Bulgarian village with the Turkish name Kuchuk-Kainardzhi, a peace treaty was concluded, according to which Russia received the fortresses of Kerch and Izmail, Crimea and access to the Black Sea.
The empress Catherine Rumyantsev was granted 12 highest awards, a field marshal’s wand, paintings, money, 5 thousand serfs and an honorable addition to the surname “Zadunaysky” for successfully crossing the Danube.
With the money granted by the empress, Rumyantsev-Zadunaysky urgently buys land near the family Temnikov. On August 28, 1775, he concludes a deed of purchase with Maria Semenovna Galitsina for the purchase of the village of Troitsky with the villages of Kozhuhovo, Rudnevo, Fenino. An palace is being built urgently, stylized as a Turkish fortress, a park is being broken up. This palace-pavilion stood until 1812, but was not plundered and burned by the French, and was not restored later. On the boundary plan of Troitsky-Kainardzhi in 1833, it was recorded what remained of the once huge estate - several courtyards near the Trinity Church, built near a pond in a park and a manor-economic complex in Kagul.
Near the village of Troitsky, an exemplary farm was set up - the Kagulskaya farm, in which their households had a grain mill, almost the best in the Moscow district. A farmyard was rebuilt, the premises of which were heated. Cattle were purchased abroad. The produced Zenin butter enjoyed well-deserved recognition in Moscow. Impressive greenhouses were built, in which different breeds of plums, green leaves, peaches, apricots and pineapples were grown. Water needed for plants was taken from a well, from which it was supplied through underground and ground pipes to all greenhouses.
The conclusion of the Kuchuk-Kainardzhinsky peace treaty was widely celebrated. Great festivities were arranged on the Khodynsky field in Moscow. And after the official celebrations, the empress wished to come to visit her beloved field marshal. The meeting was solemn, with honors. And leaving Trinity, Catherine gave him the second name "Kainardzhi".
After the death of Rumyantsev-Zadunaysky in 1796, the estates near Moscow are divided between the sons Nikolai and Sergey.
A special place in the history of the estate is connected with the name of the youngest son Sergei Petrovich, who was a member of the College of Foreign Affairs, a member of the State Council. In 1802, he turned to Emperor Alexander I with a proposal "on the dismissal of peasants from serfs to free cultivators." Question has been approved and approved.
No less famous is the middle son of the count, Nikolai Petrovich - the creator of the Rumyantsev Museum and the Rumyantsev Public Library.
Currently, from a once vast estate, preserved:
- Trinity Church (construction completed and illuminated in 1787) - built in the style of French classicism. The author of the project is not known, there are assumptions about Bazhenov, is involved in the construction of the Form.
- The tomb temple in honor of the Resurrection of Christ. Belongs to the second half of the XIX century. Built at the expense of Varvara Sergeevna Mukhanova, nee Princess Golitsyna, over the grave of her husband A.S. Mukhanova. The name of the temple architect is not known.
- The building of the mausoleum-chapel, built in the 1830s at the expense of Count S.P. Rumyantsev. The square building with white stone details, decorated with four-columned porticoes with pediments, was built in the Empire style. In the mausoleum buried S.P. Rumyantsev, his daughter V.S. Golitsyna and her husband, Prince P.A. Golitsyn.